Los Angeles Violent Crimes Defense Lawyer
Violent crime in the United States and California is rampant. Because of the increase in this type of crime, people are being falsely accused of violent crimes in the Los Angeles area. Southern California defense attorney Michael Kraut defends those accused of violent crimes.
Because of the increase of violent crimes, our representatives have significantly increased the penalties for a conviction of these offenses. If you are charged with a violent crime, you need a criminal defense attorney who has a proven tract record of trying these cases. As an senior trial attorney, I have a history of handling hundreds of cases of those charged with violent crimes. They range from criminal (terrorist) threats to first degree murder. Most violent crimes fall under the California "Three Strikes" Law. A conviction of these crimes will have serious and significant consequences to you or a loved one charged with a violent crime.
Many times, the police rush to attempt to solve these crimes and do not do a complete investigation. The result can be a case that is overly charged by the prosecutor, or worse yet, resulting in an innocent person being convicted of a violent crime. Police may take statements from witnesses who are mistaken or lying, resulting in misidentification and false charges made against you or your loved one. Law enforcement has the goal to clear a case as soon as possible and move on to the next investigation. Many times, they do not gather all of the evidence and witness statements, which would have led to no charges being filed by the prosecution, or less severe charges. Other times, rogue police officers use illegal tactics to gain evidence. Our attorneys know California criminal law and criminal procedure to make sure that illegal evidence is not considered by the court or jury.
There are affirmative defenses to violent crimes, including self-defense, defense of others or misidentification.
Below is a list of violent crimes:
- Murder - Penal Code 187 PC
- Criminal (terrorist) Threats - Penal Code 422 PC
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Domestic Violence - Penal Code 273.5 PC
- False Imprisonment
- Robbery - Penal Code 211 PC
- Serious Crimes with a Gun
- Weapons Charges
If you have been charged with a violent crime offense in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange County, it is important that you seek the services of a criminal defense attorney with extensive experience handling cases which are alleged as violent crimes. If you are under investigation or have recently been arrested for these offenses in the Los Angeles or Southern California area, call Michael Kraut. Mr. Kraut understands the serious nature of this offense, how best to defend you, and how to resolve your case without you going to jail. Mr. Kraut has extensive knowledge of the law and the legal system. He has developed excellent relationships with law enforcement and law officials throughout the Los Angeles and Southern California.
For more information about the various ways to handle a violent crime case, and to schedule your free consultation, contact Michael Kraut at the Kraut Law Group. Mr. Kraut can be reached 24/7 at 888-334-6344 or 323-464-6453.
- The Jodi Arias’ Saga: Los Angeles Crime Story of the Century? Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock (and if so, lucky you), you’ve been bombarded by breaking news in the Jodi Arais trial. The verdict ....
- Yuck. Were Your Los Angeles Sex Crime Charges as Disturbing as This Teacher’s? Whether you were arrested in a Manhattan Beach bathroom on lewd conduct charges or charged with some other sex crime in Los Angeles, you nevertheless ....
- Hopefully Your Los Angeles Lewd Conduct Story Is Not As Sad As This Situation (Police Officer Gives 15-Year-Old an Unwanted “Sex Exam”) If you’re charged and convicted of a sex crime or lewd conduct in Los Angeles, not only can you face jail time and penalties, but you can also ....