Former Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney... Now providing an aggressive defense for you.
As a criminal defense attorney in the Los Angeles and Southern California area, Michael Kraut handles all misdemeanor and felony charges. The Kraut Law Group is well known for the aggressive representation of clients in DUI, White Collar Fraud cases, Theft Related Crimes, California Expungements, Drug Offenses, Juvenile Crimes, Domestic Violence, Lewd Conduct, and Arson cases throughout Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County and Orange County. Michael Kraut, and The Kraut Law Group handles the following type of cases:
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Michael Kraut
As a premier Los Angeles criminal lawyer, attorney Michael Kraut was trained and attended Harvard Law School and then spent 14 years as a Deputy District Attorney for Los Angeles County. He worked in the prestigious Hardcore Gang Homicide Division and the Major Frauds Division. Attorney Kraut tried in excess of 86 jury trials to verdict and has won an unheard of 99% of his felony jury trials.
Drawing on his experiences, contacts and relationships with prosecutors, law enforcement and judges within the criminal justice system, Mr. Kraut opened the premier Los Angeles criminal defense firm, the Kraut Law Group. He knows the inner workings of investigations conducted by law enforcement and how prosecutors assemble their cases against a suspect. Mr. Kraut defends clients accused of criminal charges in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. Mr. Kraut is known for "working up" his cases by conducting a thorough and independent investigation separate and apart from law enforcement. He leaves no stone unturned when defending his clients whether they are fighting a misdemeanor DUI, complex white collar fraud case, or a high profile murder case. Attorney Kraut understands that his client's interests and he will work hard to keep them out of jail and free of a criminal record.
Mr. Kraut has lectured to law enforcement on investigative techniques and taught prosecutors on courtroom trial tactics. He has been featured on CNN, Fox News and throughout print media.
Call Us for Help
If you or a loved one faces misdemeanor or felony charges, contact Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Michael Kraut at the Kraut Law Group for help. Mr. Kraut is centrally located in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles, but he is available to travel to your home to discuss your personal situation. Mr. Kraut primarily practices in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange Counties.
I was falsely accused of two misdemeanors. When my wife and I first met with Michael we were overwhelmed, emotional and scared because of the situation that I was in. Michael was the only lawyer who immediately calmed our nerves and put our challenge into perspective. He was like a psychologist, helping us to think through our options and giving us the confidence that our lives would go back to normal as long as we followed a few simple steps. We left Michael's office feeling confident that he had the intelligence, connections, and experience to help me. That feeling was invaluable, as it helped my wife and I to take the necessary steps to start the healing process.
Sure enough, months later Michael showed me the "letter" (his delivery was quite a memorable one - he has a very witty sense of humor) stating that the city had dropped all charges! That was one of the happiest days of our lives, and we owe it to Michael.
I highly recommend Michael Kraut as your defense attorney. You will not regret it."
Featured on the following:
- NBC Nightly News
- ABC News
- CBS Evening News
- New York Times
- Los Angeles Times
- Burbank Ledger
Legal Expert for:
- KTLA Channel 5
- Los Angeles Times
- US Weekly
- Legal Broadcast Network
Michael Kraut: Chris Brown, Rihanna assault case could take time
- Client charged with hit and run----no longer satisfied previous law firm, client hired Attorney Michael Kraut. Result--Prosecution dismissed all charges.
- Client charged with DUI with a blood alcohol content of .12 and dangerous driving. Result--after investigation and case preparation, all DUI charges dismissed and client pled to a non-DUI offense of simple reckless driving.
- Client arrested for robbery in a park while a police officer watched. He had several other serious priors and faced 25 years to life in prison. Client retained Michael Kraut to handle case pre-filing. Result--after negotiations with police and prosecutors, the case rejected by the District Attorney, bail exonerated and client is home with his family.
- Client arrested for felony theft offense, Attorney Michael Kraut hired before case filed and firm intervenes with the police and prosecution. Result--one misdemeanor charge filed and client placed in a theft diversion program on first court date. Upon completion, case dismissed and client will not have a criminal record. Client retains job.
- Client arrested for felony theft, Kraut Law Group hired pre-filing. Result--case investigated by firm and client cleared of all charges. All records of arrest on rap sheet removed.
- Client arrested for lewd conduct. Result--placed in diversion program and case dismissed with no criminal record.
- Client investigated and wanted by the police for hit and run. Result-- Attorney Michael Kraut handles investigation with police, no charges filed and client remained in his employment.
- Client arrested for felony narcotics with threat of imprisonment. Result--after Attorney Michael Kraut filed motion to prove police misconduct, District Attorney dismissed all charges.
- Arrested for Los Angeles Medicare Fraud? Five Things NOT to Do! Maybe you concocted a sophisticated Los Angeles Medicare fraud scheme that raided the Federal Government’s coffers to the tune of several ....
- Lewd Conduct in Los Angeles Charges? 4 Actions Can Torpedo Your Case… If you’ve recently been investigated or arrested for lewd conduct in Los Angeles, you're likely feeling terrified, overwhelmed, and isolated. In ....
- Epic Case of Medicare Fraud – Scooter Store May Have Overbilled Medicare and Medicaid by Nearly $90 Million! Many Los Angeles Medicare and Medicaid fraud cases end in disaster for all stakeholders. For a tragic “rags to riches to rags” story, take ....
- Victory at Supreme Court for DUI Defendant. Los Angeles Defendants, Take Note! The Wednesday before last, the Supreme Court issued a big decision in a DUI case that Los Angeles defendants should know about. Justices ruled 8-1 in ....
- Jury Doesn’t Give a Hoot about Hoot’s defense – Montana Man Convicted of 13th DUI. Burbank Repeat Defendants, Pay Attention! As someone who’s recently been arrested for driving under the influence in Burbank (or somewhere else in the Southland), you may be facing your ....
- Beverly Hills DUI Legal Blotter: Big Fight Up in Seattle Over HB 2030 Could Portend the Future of Southland DUI Law Everyone who cares about the public good wants to stop Beverly Hills DUI recidivist drivers from getting behind the wheel while under the influence ....